- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blue berries
- handful of Soy Free/Diary free Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
Mix everything together, put them on the burner and enjoy! Don’t flip them too early as they will fall apart. You can modify this by adding whatever you fruit you like. Sometimes I just do blue berries or just chocolate chips. I might try cranberry/pumpkin soon. Get creative and make it your own. Play around with this recipe and enjoy!!
I still think it’s important to get more protein in the morning so I would also recommend making bacon and eggs or having a protein shake as well just so you can keep up with those macros as I was talking about yesterday – 6 reasons girls need protein supplements.
Girls…it’s time to get your shaker cups out because you need to be drinking protein to aid with your muscle recovery! There is the perception that if you drink protein, you will get big and bulky. This is SO not the case! There are several reasons that protein is important for all active women today….
- You are not eating enough protein throughout the day. Active females should be eating their body weight in grams daily, at minimum. That’s right ladies – 100+ grams protein per day. Let’s put this in perspective – a 6 oz chicken breast has 30-40g of protein; do you eat 4 pieces of chicken a day? Didn’t think so…
- Muscle Recovery. Without getting too technical…Protein is what helps our muscle tissue grow and recover. You know that really long run or workout that left you feeling fatigued, tired and sore? Drinking protein immediately after will replenish and repair the muscle tissue that you just used. Simple.
- Weight loss. Protein is a great way control your appetite. Mixing protein powder with water or light almond milk is a great snack to have that is low in carbs and fat. Protein can also curb appetites while giving you the nutrients your muscles need to gain strength.
- Builds lean muscle mass. Girls do not have same large muscle mass growth hormones as men do. Adding more protein into your diet will help build LEAN muscle mass that helps with strength and a stronger metabolism. TRANSLATION: YOU WILL NOT GET BULKY FROM PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS.
- Easy and affordable. Protein is great on-the-go. You can easily pack it and this is a better snack/meal replacement for someone who is busy and on a budget! The cost per sake is usually around $2.00…stay away from mid-day lattes ladies and replace with protein and coffee!!
- TASTES AMAZING. So, if someone told you you could have chocolate, strawberry or vanilla milk every day….would you? YES, duh. Personally, protein is the highlight of my day and I look forward to when I get to have it, for all the reasons above.
Recommended Protein and Recovery Supplements:
So go get your protein girls and gain lean muscle mass that will aid in recovery, weight loss and a a healthy metabolism!
I just finished my AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge. I feel much leaner and I feel like my just feel like my digestive track is much more on point. I was able to lost 5 pounds – 125 to 120 and help get myself back on track from the summer fun I had!
Before and After. You can see a noticeable difference in my legs and in my obliques…I was able to lean out and feel much better overall!
The first 10 days is the Cleanse Phase where you take a morning energy/mental focus drink, fiber drink, probiotic and omega 3 vitamins while following your regular diet. The Next 14 days is the Max Phase where you take morning energy/mental focus drink, daily vitamin pack, and one meal replacement shake that is SO GOOD.
The challenge was so easy! I was able to follow the easy guide AdvoCare provided for me while staying away from alcohol and dairy completely for the 24 days. I also followed a regimented diet that I followed for most of the summer but I tried to focus on my portion control as well. This really was the perfect kick start to my diet as I needed a refresher to get me back into the groove. I definitely recommend this 24 day challenge for anyone who needs a diet dial-in.
This is actually what the 24 Day Challenge is capable of doing for you:
- Provide you with coaching as well as support all through
- Ensure 2-4 convenient and balanced meals each day
- Burn off excess fat
- Improve organic stamina
- Develop lean muscle mass
- Improve immune system functionality
- Boost your body’s metabolic process
- Enhance nutrient absorption as well as digestive function
- Cut cravings and fill nutritional “gaps”
- Reduce pains, discomfort as well as persistent swelling
- Train real-world, easy way of life routines it is simple to sustain
- Give a handy, affordable solution for health problems as well as being overweight
I recommend the 24-Day Challenge to anyone who wants to:
- Loose weight
- Gain energy
- Increase performance
- Gain muscle or combination of them
You can’t out train a bad diet.
I have learned that you can not change your body until you change your diet. Running 6 miles does burn calories but, does not justify eating french fries. You can run all day long but you will never run long enough to undo the damage done by a bad diet. Your body is a machine and you need to fuel it properly so it can work at the highest capacity!
10 diet tips that will change your life:
- Stop eating gluten; just do it
- Stop eating artificial sweeteners; again, just do it
- Cut out/cut down sugar (even your fruit intake – sorry!!)
- Cut out/cut down on diary
- Eat CARBS; if you are working out, your body needs stored energy to help recover your muscles and get you ready for your next workout
- Limit FAT if you want to lose fat. Use the natural fat that is in your ground beef, steak, or chicken thighs instead of adding additional butter or oil. Use in moderation if at all…
- PROTEIN powder is amazing for muscle recovery; find a chocolate flavored protein, have it post workout and imagine it is chocolate milk
- Eat every veggie you can!
- EAT REAL FOODS: cut out pasta, cereal, and any foods that are stored in box
- LOG YOUR FOOD and MEASURE YOUR PORTIONS
These are baby steps to making your diet work for you. You don’t have to be perfect. Start small and add steps as you learn. These simple guidelines can change your life. Your body will thank you and will reward you by showing results.
START NOW – NOT JANUARY.
I have done several Paleo challenges and learned what works best for my diet. You can take a look at my results and my story and see how I changed my bad habits. I used to run and eat french fries and get frustrated that I wasn’t seeing results! You can also look at my recipes for good ways to start eating real food.
What will you change this week? Also, if you need any help with your current diet let me know!
Today through Saturday, I have an exclusive code from Reebok for an extra 20% off already discounted items! Check out some of their brilliant winter gear, perfect for all you east coasters right now. Use this code at checkout to get your extra discount: HUSH
Below are some of Reebok’s top sellers, but click here for the rest of the sale: Reebok’s Private Affiliate Sale + 20% Off Code!
* 20% off discount only valid on products featured in the provided link.
Men’s Workout Ready Tech Tee: Originally $25 — Sale $13.50
Primed for performance with detailed design finishes, the Workout Ready Color Blocked Tech Tee features moisture-wicking PlayDry technology for comfort and slimming color block panels for flattering, fitness-friendly style.
Men’s Reebok ONE Down Long Jacket: Originally $220 — Sale $105.60
Attack outdoor adventures with an edge in the Reebok ONE Down Long Jacket. The asymmetrical stitching, natural duck down fill, and integrated PlayWarm technology are primed for warmth, comfort, and everyday style.
Women’s Reebok ONE Goose Down Jacket: Originally $175 — Sale $84
Conquer the cold with style in the Reebok ONE Goose Down Jacket. The down fill and PlayWarm technology trap heat—not moisture—while the slim silhouette and elastic cuffs add sleek, feminine style.
Reebok Women’s Cable Scarf: Originally $22 — Sale $13.50
With an eye-catching cable knit construction for sophisticated insulation, this cool Cable Scarf is perfect for cold weather training and everyday style.